Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Haffy Birthday Kenzee!!

My baby girl is 18 months old today! Since Kenzee was born in December we have talked about having a "Haffy" Birthday for her once she gets old enough to realize her birthday is so close to Christmas. I thought I would go ahead an celebrate a "Haffy" Birthday for her!

She is growing like a weed, and more importantly learning things almost by the minute. Learning by the minute isn't always a good thing - because if you turn your back and it gets quiet - watch out!!!

How about a few funny things that have been happening as Kenzee LEARNS!!

The other day we were getting ready to go out to dinner. I told Brian to just leave Kenzee in the bathroom with me while I showered (this is not abnormal). When Brian returned he found puddles of water on the bathroom floor, Kenzee in the shower with me, and me laughing hysterically. Kenzee had climbed up on the edge of the bathtub and was standing there waving at me. Rather than risk a trip to the ER because she fell, I jumped out of the shower, and put her in with me (hence the puddles of water on the floor).

Another morning as I was getting ready to leave the house, again getting ready in the bathroom, Kenzee found my nail polish and was carrying it around. (She is already much more fashion conscious than I am!) I heard something hit the tile floor, and Kenzee say, "UHOH MOM!". Those two words are not a good combination. She had dropped the nail polish and it had busted. I guess because of the look on my face Kenzee backed up into my carpeted closet, and got hot pink polish on the carpet. I snagged her up and attempted to clean her off first (water only smears polish), and then went to work on the tile, grout, walls, carpet, potty chair, door, and glass shower. Just in case you were wondering nail polish remover only works on nails - nothing more. Windex works wonders on carpet though. I am still working on the grout, but have heard a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser will do the trick. (I will let you know!)

So there you have it - the life of a mommy with an 18 month old!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Wow girl you have your hands full! I am sure you are loving every moment of it, though!!

QueenB said...

Such a sweet blog! I am in love with the Magic Eraser since my mother in law turned me on to it 5 years ago. It is the best cleaning tool and almost the most cathartic experience you can have :-). LOL!